Instructions for BCIT Student use of Solidworks Educational software. Available only to registered BCIT students.
Note: There is no Mac version of Solidworks. It can be run on a Mac if you run Windows using Boot Camp or Parallels.
- Go to the Solidworks Student Access Form page.
- Complete the information as specified in steps 3-7 below
- Click “I already have a Serial Number that starts with 9020” = NO
- Enter XSEK12 in the field. If no, please enter SDK-ID, SEK-ID, or Trial Code.
- For version, select the academic year (IE: 2020-2021).
- Enter your @my.bcit.ca student email address
- Select “Student” from the dropdown
- Click on the [Request Download] button.
- You will need to review the license agreement details and scroll down to see the button. Click on [Accept Agreement & Continue] button to proceed to download.
- Click Download Win7/Win8.1/Win10 64-bit.
- Run the downloaded file when complete.
- Unzip the files to any location you want. You may want to delete these after the installation.
- Once you’ve unzipped the files the Solidworks Installation should begin. If not, run the setup.exe file you unzipped.
- Select an Individual Installation and copy and paste this serial number when prompted: 9020013109647344ZXXX3FHF