AppsAnywhere is BCIT’s software delivery platform. Through AppsAnywhere, you can access all the software needed for your coursework without ever needing to visit a BCIT student computer lab. The very first time you connect to AppsAnywhere on a device you will need to follow the steps below to ensure that AppsAnywhere will work correctly (even if you’ve connected to AppsAnywhere on another device previously).
Note: These instructions apply to a Windows environment. If your computer is a Mac you will need to follow instead the instructions for logging in to AppsAnywhere for the first time on a Mac. You may also need to consider setting up a Windows environment on your Mac computer to be able to use most of the software in AppsAnywhere.
Setting up AppsAnywhere the first time you use it
To complete the initial setup:
- In a web browser, go to the AppsAnywhere site and login using your BCIT ID and password.
- Click on the blue button on the left indicating that it your first time using AppsAnywhere on this device.
- The Appsanywhere client download will start. Wait for it to complete.
- Navigate to your downloads and double click the downloaded package.
- Follow the steps as prompted by the installer to install AppsAnywhere. Depending on your computer’s security settings, you may be asked to confirm whether you want to allow the installer to make changes to your computer. Click OK.
- Close the installer when you see the confirmation that the installation was successful.
- In your browser, click the Done button.
- A pop-up will ask if you want to Open AppsAnywhere Launcher. Click the button to do so.
- After a few seconds the validation process will complete and you will see all available applications.