Some courses may require students to use a custom virtual machine to complete their studies. These virtual machines are hosted and accessed in Educloud.
Logging into Educloud
To access Educloud:
- Click on the Educloud tile in AppsAnywhere or go directly to bcnet.educloud.ubc.ca/tenant/bcit-labs/.
- Click on “SIGN IN WITH SINGLE SIGN-ON”.
- When prompted, login with your usual BCIT credentials.
Launching your Virtual Machine
- Upon entering Educloud, you will be presented with the Virtual Machines page with tiles representing all virtual machines that you have access to.
- Locate the tile for the virtual machine assigned to you (typically assigned by an instructor).
- Power On your virtual machine by clicking on the tile Actions menu and then clicking Power On.
- Note: Do NOT select Power On and Force Recustomization otherwise you may lose your settings.
- With your virtual machine powered on, you may now remotely access it by clicking on Launch Web Console in the Actions menu.
- The screen for your virtual machine will pop up, enabling you to remotely control it.
Shutting down your Virtual Machine
- Once you are finished using your Virtual Machine, choose the Shut Down option within your virtual machine’s operating system (do not choose Disconnect).
- Once your virtual machine has completed its shut down, you will be returned to Educloud.