AccessAnywhere is one of BCIT’s VPNs, available only to faculty and staff, and required for offsite access to certain systems (myVPN, BCIT’s other VPN is available to all students in addition to faculty and staff and is the recommended option for most users). If your BCIT login ID or password changes, you will be required update your credentials in your Windows AccessAnywhere VPN. In most cases, you may use the client application to update your login ID or password.
Login change, July 5, 2021
BCIT has changed the way you login to BCIT systems. This change will enable BCIT to access new cloud-based software in the future.
Starting July 5, 2021, for AccessAnywhere only, use your primary BCIT email address prefix (everything that comes before the @bcit.ca part) instead. Your password will not change.
Updating your login credentials in AccessAnywhere
If your BCIT login credentials have changed, in most cases the AccessAnywhere client application will appear automatically when it fails to connect, allowing you change your credentials easily. If the AccessAnywhere client application doesn’t open automatically, you’ll need to manually open it and edit your credentials. To do so:
- Click on the Windows button and Select Settings.
- Within the Windows Settings menu, select Network & Internet.
- From the left menu, select VPN.
- Under the list of VPN’s, select BCIT VPN (this may also appear as AccessAnywhere).
- Click on Advanced Options.
- Click on Edit.
- Update either your login ID (your BCIT email address prefix – everything before @bcit.ca) or password as required, then click on Save.
- Once you return to the previous menu, click Apply then close the menu.
You have now updated your AccessAnywhere credentials and should be able to connect to AccessAnywhere as usual.