If you would like to set Outlook back to it’s default configuration or if you have recently processed a name change through HR. You may need to reset your Outlook profile.
Reset Outlook profile
- Exit Outlook. It cannot be running while you perform the following steps.
- Click Start (or the Windows button) and navigate to the Control Panel.
- Select the Mail component.
- Click the Show Profiles button.
- The Outlook profile should be highlighted. If it is not then click the profile to select it. Click the Remove button.
- At the prompt, click Yes to remove the profile.
- Click Apply and then click OK.
- Start Outlook. You should see a prompt to enter a new profile name.
- Type in your name and click OK.
- A new account screen will appear. Verify your information (your new name/email address should automatically be populated) and click Next.
- Click OK to restart Outlook.
- Click Finish to complete the process. Outlook should launch and your new name should be reflected on the Home tab.
|Note: Resetting your Outlook will require you to setup any previously used signatures and shared email accounts once again.|