New: BCIT has now released a new VPN client, myVPN!
myVPN should be the first choice for students, staff, and faculty to connect to BCIT’s secure network to access common resources. There is no approval or request process needed to use myVPN. All that is required is that you are a current student, staff, or faculty at BCIT.
For most of us, this means myVPN is the best way to access BCIT resources remotely.
These instructions are for logging onto AccessAnywhere through macOS
You will need to fill out the request form for approval before your account will have AccessAnywhere access enabled.
- Click on the Apple icon on the top left and select System Preferences
- Click on Network
- Click on the plus symbol to add a new connection.
- The Interface is VPN and the VPN type is L2TP over IPSec. The Service Name can be BCIT. Click Create
- The Server Address is juno.bcit.ca, the Account Name is your BCIT ID (A00######).
- Click on Authentication Settings. The password is your BCIT password and the Shared Secret is bcit-vpn.
- Click OK, then Advanced
- On the Options tab, ensure “Send all traffic over VPN connection” is selected
- Click on the DNS tab and add a Search Domain by clicking on the symbol at the bottom left of the Search Domains window. The Search Domains box becomes active. Type in ad.bcit.ca as shown below. Note that the DNS servers window should remain blank.
- Click OK, Apply and then Connect.
- You are now connected to BCIT’s VPN.