BCIT has an alternative preferred VPN client, myVPN. myVPN should be the first choice for students, staff, and faculty to connect to BCIT’s secure network to access common resources. There is no approval or request process needed to use myVPN. All that is required is that you are a current student, staff, or faculty at BCIT.
For most of us, this means myVPN is the best way to access BCIT resources remotely.
AccessAnywhere is used to provision access to a small amount of business applications which require elevated access.
Systems that require the use of AccessAnywhere to connect remotely:
- Raisers Edge
- DDC (Building Maintenance)
Please note: There are three main steps that need to be taken by three different people/groups in order for an individual to have access through AccessAnywhere.
- The individual needs to request access (following the instructions below).
- The individual’s approver needs to approve that request.
- Once an approved request is received, IT Services turns on AccessAnywhere for that individual.
Requesting access to AccessAnywhere (VPN)
- Go to the IT Service Catalogue
- In the Remote Access: AccessAnywhere section request AccessAnywhere (VPN) Access
- Login using your usual BCIT credentials.
- Fully complete the AccessAnywhere (VPN) Request form.
- Click the Save button (top left of the form) once all fields are filled in.
- Once the form is completed an email will be sent to the Requested Approver to either Approve or Deny your request.
- Once the approval has been received, IT Services will process the request and instructions on how to set up AccessAnywhere will be emailed to you.