Updating myVPN Login Credentials
If your BCIT login or password changes, your myVPN client will automatically prompt you for new credentials. If this does not happen or if you wish to update your credentials manually, follow the steps below. These steps are the same across all supported platforms (Windows, macOS, iOS and Android)
- Double-click the myVPN client, labeled “Virtual Intranet Access” on your desktop.
- If you have an active connection, first disconnect by clicking on the BCIT logo then wait until the label says ‘VPN DISCONNECTED’
- Click on the Settings icon (which resembles a cog) on the top-right corner of the client window.
- Select VPN Profile.
- Click the Clear Profiles button to view a list of VPN servers.
- Select UserController1 from the list of VPN servers and click on the minus button to delete the chosen profile.
- Repeat for all remaining UserControllerX profiles until the list is empty.
- Click on the red Cancel button to return to the main screen.
- Click on the main button Click to download VPN profile.
- Enter ‘myvpn.bcit.ca’ in the Download VPN Profile window and click Download.
- Enter your primary BCIT email address and password and click Proceed.
- Click on the VPN Disconnected button to connect to VPN using your new credentials.
Your credentials have now been updated and myVPN should work as usual.