If your BCIT login or password changes, your myVPN client will automatically prompt you for new credentials. If this does not happen or if you wish to update your credentials manually, follow the steps below.
Login change, July 5, 2021
BCIT is changing the way you login to BCIT systems. This change will enable BCIT to access new cloud-based software in the future.
You can already use your new login for myVPN (your primary BCIT email address and your current password), so we recommend updating it now.
- Double-click the myVPN client, labeled “Virtual Intranet Access” on your desktop.
- If you have an active connection, first disconnect by clicking on the BCIT logo then wait until the label says ‘VPN DISCONNECTED’
- Click on the Settings icon (which resembles a cog) on the top-right corner of the client window.
- Select VPN Profile.
- Click the Clear Profiles button to view a list of VPN servers.
- Select UserController1 from the list of VPN servers and click on the minus button to delete the chosen profile.
- Repeat for all remaining UserControllerX profiles until the list is empty.
- Click on the red Cancel button to return to the main screen.
- Click on the main button Click to download VPN profile.
- Enter ‘myvpn.bcit.ca’ in the Download VPN Profile window and click Download.
- Enter your primary BCIT email address and password and click Proceed.
- Click on the VPN Disconnected button to connect to VPN using your new credentials.
Your credentials have now been updated and myVPN should work as usual.