To qualify for an education tax deduction, you will need to provide a copy of your T2202A Tuition Tax Receipt with your income tax return. The T2202A is issued to students enrolled during the calendar year (January – December) in a qualifying program at a post-secondary institution. Application fees are not an eligible deduction.
This article describes the steps to take for printing your Tuition Tax Receipt T2202A.
1. Go to my.bcit.ca.
2. Log in to myBCIT with your BCIT ID and password (A0…).
3. Click Online Self Service.
6. Select Tax Year and view type.
- If you select View Data and click Submit, the Tuition summary for the year you requested will be shown on the screen.
- If you select Printable T2202A Form, click Submit and Continue, the T2202A will be shown and ready to be printed. You can print the receipt directly from your internet browser.
Note: After the first T2202A has been printed, all other copies will be marked Duplicate. We have confirmed that you can submit a copy marked “Duplicate” for your income tax purposes.
If you would like to receive your T2202A by mail, please call 604-432-8999.
If you need T2202A help regarding tuition fee amounts, please email T2202A@bcit.ca.
If there is any course duration or registration discrepancies on your T2202A, please call 604-432-8498 or email email@example.com.