myBCIT email addresses are used primarily to communicate with students. Use this procedure if you do not use your myBCIT email.
If you don’t check your myBCIT email regularly or if you prefer to use another email address, you can set your myBCIT mailbox to forward all email to another address by following these steps.
Forwarding your myBCIT email
- Log in to myBCIT.
- Click on My Mail at the top-right corner.
- In your myBCIT email, click on Settings at the top-right corner.
- Under the Settings section, click on Filters.
- Under the Filters section, click on the + to add a filter.
- In the “Filter Name” box, give a name to your filter (example: Forwarding).
- Under “For incoming mail“, click on ‘all messages’.
- Under “…execute the following actions“, click on the drop-down menu and select ‘Redirect message to’. In the text-input field to the right, enter the destination email address where you want incoming emails to be forwarded.
NOTE: If you want to forward to more than 1 email address, click on the + to add another email.
- Click Save.
A pop-up message will temporarily appear stating “Filter saved successfully”.
From this point on, all email sent to your myBCIT email account will automatically be forwarded to the email address you specified.
NOTE: Once you make this change, you will not see any emails in your myBCIT email inbox.
Disabling email forwarding
In the Filter definition area, move the button to the right on the Filter disabled button.
More articles about myBCIT email
About myBCIT, Online Self Service, and myBCIT Email for Students