To use your myBCIT email on your phone or in a desktop application, you must first Opt-in for “Native Client” use. After this is done, you can then connect your phone or desktop application to access your myBCIT email.
Native client access is disabled after 90 days of inactivity. You will need to enable this again if you do not access your email in a 90 day period (any method).
Enable Native Client
1. Log in to myBCIT email.
2. Click Settings in the top right.
3. In the Preferences selection on the left, choose the Native Client section.
4. Toggle the switch to Blue/Right and click Save.
5. You can now configure your myBCIT email on any device.
User Settings (Authentication)
- Username: Your “@my.bcit.ca” email address (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Your BCIT password (more information about your myBCIT password)
|imap.my.bcit.ca||993||SSL or SSL/TLS|
|smtp.my.bcit.ca||587||TLS or STARTTLS||This is the preferred setting|
|smtp.my.bcit.ca||465||SSL or SSL/TLS|