While logged into myBCIT, you receive a session timeout error when accessing various parts of myBCIT.
myBCIT Session Timeout
The myBCIT session has not been properly cleared from the cache of the browser.
Recommended method for logging into and out of myBCIT
- When logging out of myBCIT, always use the Logout button (rather than the X) at the top right of the page. This allows myBCIT to end your session properly.
- Do not log into myBCIT more than once at any time.
- If you are logged into myBCIT in one browser window, log out before logging in at another browser window.
- When you are using the myBCIT E-mail Center and are finished with it, click on the Log Out link to close the window rather than the X in the upper right corner of the window.
Steps are listed below that you can take to resolve the session timeout error. Start with Section A and if necessary move on to Section B.
- When asked to close your browser in the instructions below, please note where you are in the instructions so you can return to that spot when you re-open your browser. Also, note the URL (address) of this web page so you can return to it.
A. Clear the Cache
B. Use another browser