Looking for an available meeting room at BCIT can sometimes be a frustrating exercise. Luckily, you can use the Room Finder to help find open availability. Here’s how it works:
How to find a meeting room in the Outlook application
- Create a new appointment in Outlook.
- Choose your preferred meeting date and time.
- Click on the Invite Attendees button.
- At the right side of the ribbon, select Room Finder.
- A new pane named Room Finder will open on the right-hand side of Outlook.
- Use the drop-down Show a Room List to select the desired campus.
- The resulting list will be all rooms in that geographical area of campus that are available in the designated time and date.
- Click on the room you’d like meet in. You can also choose alternate times from the Suggested Times list.
- Finish updating the meeting invitees and description.
IMPORTANT: Don’t forget to contact other departments should you require additional services such as Catering, AV equipment, furniture, and so on.
Note: that the selected meeting room is inserted into two fields on the Invitation form. This is normal, and removing one of those two entries will result in the room request being cancelled!
How to find a meeting room in Outlook Web Access (OWA)
- Log in to mail.bcit.ca
- Select the squares icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Select the Calendar icon.
- Create a new calendar event.
- Choose your preferred meeting date and time
- Click into the location field and select Add room.
- Select the preferred campus location.
- The resulting list will contain all rooms available at the designated date and time.
- Select the room you would like to meet in. If the room requires you to contact an administrator to book, a notice will appear at the top of the page.
- Finish updating the meeting by adding any attendees and meeting details that are required.
- IMPORTANT: Don’t forget to contact other departments should you require additional services such as Catering, AV equipment, furniture, and so on.