The retirement of ShareIn, ShareOut, and TeamFiles will be deferred to a TBD date.
You can access your personal files from a computer lab, or through the Internet. You’ll need your BCIT ID and myBCIT password.
To ensure that your space remains secure:
- make sure you log off lab computers
- never share your password
Access from BCIT computer labs
When you log on to BCIT lab computers, several drives are “mapped” to you, based on your BCIT ID.
Your mapped drives include ShareIn (drive I) and ShareOut (drive J), your ShareFile (drive H), and the DEV drive (drive Z).
- ShareFile (drive H) will only appear after the completion of the consent process.
- You can locate all your mapped drives by opening My Computer, or from the Save As and File > Open windows in any software application.
Use the ShareFile (drive H:) the same way you would use any other drive:
- drag and drop files to and from it
- create folders and sub-folders
- save directly from the Save As window in any program.
Drives are mapped based on your BCIT ID, so it is your own ShareFile space that shows up (as drive H) and your own home drive (as drive Z).
When someone else logs on to the computer, their own ShareFile and home drives will be mapped.
Access on the web
Any up-to-date web browser, on any operating system (Windows, Macintosh, Linux), will give you the full functionality of the website.