You can access your personal files from a BCIT computer lab, or on your own internet-connected device. You’ll need your usual BCIT credentials.
To ensure that your files remains secure:
- Make sure you log off lab computers when you’re done using them.
- Never share your login (and consider using a secure password manager to manage it).
Accessing your files in BCIT computer labs
When you log on to BCIT lab computers, several drives are “mapped” to you, based on your BCIT account.
Your mapped drives include ShareIn (drive I) and ShareOut (drive J), your ShareFile (drive H), and the DEV drive (drive Z).
- ShareFile (drive H) will only appear after the completion of the consent process.
- You can locate all your mapped drives by opening My Computer, or from the Save As and File > Open windows in any software application.
Use the ShareFile (drive H:) the same way you would use any other drive:
- Drag and drop files to and from it.
- Create folders and sub-folders to organize your files.
- Save directly from the Save As window in any program.
When someone else logs on to the computer, their own ShareFile and home drives will be mapped.
Accessing your files on your internet-connected personal device
Any up-to-date web browser, on any operating system (Windows, Macintosh, Linux), will give you the full functionality of the website.