In order to “Share Screen” wirelessly to ShareLink-capable display devices installed in many classrooms, lecture theatres, and meeting room, users need to have the the ShareLink for Windows app (and, if “Extend” mode is needed, the ShareLink Virtual Display Driver) installed on their device and be connected to BCIT_Secure wifi.
Note: All BCIT-issued computers already have all necessary software installed. These instructions are for those using their own personal devices.
- Access to BCIT Secure Wi-Fi
- Minimum system requirements:
- Dual Core, 1.8 GHz processor or better
- Microsoft® Windows 7, 8, 10
- Graphics card with 64MB VRAM or better
Installing the necesary software
Note: If you want to share only the one screen that you yourself are viewing, you only need the basic app. However, if you want to have different things displayed on your laptop screen and the display, you’ll need to use the “Extend” function, which means you’ll also need to install the Virtual Display Driver. Both installers are linked in these instructions.
On your device:
- Download the installer/s:
- Unzip the installer/s (right-click on the .zip files and click on Extract All).
- Run the needed installer/s and follow the Setup Wizard instructions to complete the installation/s.