This article explains how to configure and confirm your connection to the BCIT_Secure wireless network while on a BCIT campus, using a Windows 8 operating system.
How to configure your connection
1. Login to Windows 8 on your computer.
2. Click on Desktop.
3. Right Click on Network Connection at the bottom right.
4. Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
5. Click on Set up a new connection or network.
6. Double click on Manually Connect to a wireless network.
7. Enter the following information for BCIT_Secure profile as per the image below and click Next:
- Network name: BCIT_Secure
- Change Security Type to WPA2-Enterprise
- Change Encryption Type to AES
8. Now that you have successfully added BCIT_Secure to your network profile list, click on Change Connection Settings.
9. As shown in the diagram below, please perform the steps in the following order:
1. Click on the Security tab.
2. Click on the Settings button.
10. As shown in the Protected EAP Properties dialog box, please perform the steps in the following order:
1. Uncheck Verify the Server’s Identity by Validating the Certificate box.
2. Uncheck Enable Fast Reconnect.
3. Click on Configure.
11. In the EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties dialog, uncheck the Automatically use my Windows logon… checkbox and click OK.
12. Now you’re back in the BCIT_Secure Wireless Network Properties dialog box. Click on Advanced settings.
13. In the Advanced Settings window, confirm that the 802.1X settings tab is selected and perform the steps in the order indicated below.
1. Enable the Specify authentication mode checkbox.
2. Select User authentication from the drop-down menu.
3. Click on Save credentials.
14. Enter your BCIT ID (e.g. A00123456) and password, then click OK.
15. Click OK or Close on all the open dialog boxes to save all your settings.
How to confirm your connection
1. To check the connection click on Network Connection at the bottom right.
- You should see BCIT_Secure Connected. If you are not connected, click on the BCIT_Secure network and select Connect. If prompted, enter your BCIT credentials.