What do I need to get connected?
You need a laptop, phone, tablet, or device that is wireless-ready.
How do I login?
Login with your BCIT ID and password.
- Students: access will be available 2 weeks before your registered courses start and will continue until 2 weeks after the course ends.
- PTS Instructors: access is available 2 weeks before courses you are teaching and will continue until 2 weeks after the course ends.
- Faculty and staff: access is available to you during your employment at BCIT.
How do I connect?
The method of connecting depends on the operating system you’re using. In general there are two networks available, BCIT Secure and eduroam.
Where is wireless access available?
All BCIT campuses have wireless available. Check the current list of wireless locations on BCIT’s main campuses for details.
Which wireless standards are supported at BCIT?
You can connect to the wireless network using any device equipped with any of the following:
- 802.11A/B/G/N compatible wireless LAN cards
- 802.11x required for the use of BCIT_Secure or eduroam
What if I don’t have a BCIT ID?
Individual guest accounts are available for the BCIT wireless. To create a wireless account, a BCIT staff or faculty sponsor must create an account for you. If many people will require wireless access or if access is required for longer than one week, please ask your sponsor to request a guest account on the Tech Help portal. If you do not have a sponsor or a BCIT ID number, please contact Safety and Security at 604-412-7501 for assistance.
What can I access through the wireless network?
|Student access||Staff and Faculty access|
|Servers provided by your instructor||Internet and private servers (that is, any servers set up by individual instructors)|
|ShareFile (H:) drive personal storage||Internet|
|Access drives with Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP):
||Mapped drives (S: N: I: J: Z: and departmental drives) available with use of AccessAnywhere|