AppsAnywhere is BCIT’s software delivery platform. Through AppsAnywhere, you can access all the software needed for your coursework without ever needing to visit a BCIT student computer lab. The very first time you connect to AppsAnywhere on a device you will need to follow the steps below to ensure that AppsAnywhere will work correctly (even if you’ve connected to AppsAnywhere on another device previously).
Note: These instructions apply to Mac computers running the MacOS. If your computer is a Windows PC or if you are connecting to AppsAnywhere within a Windows environment running on your Mac computer, see instead the instructions for logging in to AppsAnywhere for the first time on a Windows PC.
Known Limitation: Operating Systems
AppsAnywhere is primarily a Windows-centric platform, although there are also Mac applications available. If you wish to access Windows application on a Mac computer, you will need to first set up a Windows environment with VMware Fusion or Parallels.
Setting up AppsAnywhere the first time you use it
To complete the initial setup:
- In a web browser, go to the AppsAnywhere site and login using your BCIT ID and password.
- Click on the blue button on the left indicating that it your first time using AppsAnywhere on this device.
- The Appsanywhere client download will start. Wait for it to complete.
- Navigate to your downloads and double click the downloaded package.
- Follow the steps as prompted by the installer to install AppsAnywhere. When prompted for a User Name and Password (which will happen twice), enter your local computer password to install the software and the helper tool.
- Close the installer when you see the confirmation that the installation was successful.
- In your browser, click the Done button.
- Click Allow if you are asked whether you want to allow this page to open “AppsAnywhere”.
- After a few seconds the validation process will complete and you will see available applications.