Students can access BCIT’s Pay Print System from their personal Mac computers. Follow the instructions below to download and install the correct drivers then connect to the pay print queues. Once complete, you will be able to send jobs to the Pay Print System and release them just as if you had sent them from a lab computer.
Download and install print drivers
Before you can add the pay print queues to your Mac, you will need to download and install the correct print drivers:
- If you are adding the pay printers at the Burnaby or Aerospace (ATC) campus, then download and install the Ricoh SP C840 driver package.
- If you are adding the pay printer for the Downtown Campus (DTC) then download and install the Ricoh MP C6004 driver package.
After the download is complete, find the downloaded driver package (typically in your Downloads folder) and run the installer. Once the driver package has been installed you can set up the pay printer using the steps below.
Pay Printer setup procedure
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
- Open Print and Fax.
- Click the + button to add a new printer.
- Control-click (or right-click) the toolbar and select Customize Toolbar.
- Drag the Advanced icon onto the toolbar, click Done.
- On the toolbar, click the newly added Advanced button.
- From the Type drop-down menu, select Windows printer via spools.
- In the URL field, enter the address of the printer you want to install. You can copy and paste from the list below:
Location Printer address Burnaby Campus smb://PRT-Pay.ad.bcit.ca/Burnaby_Payprint Downtown Campus smb://PRT-Pay.ad.bcit.ca/DTC_Payprint Aerospace Campus smb://PRT-Pay.ad.bcit.ca/ATC_Payprint
- In the Name field, enter an easy to remember name for the printer (e.g. Burnaby Payprint).
- From the Use drop down, choose Select Software.
- At the Printer Software window, choose the driver to install:
- For Burnaby choose RICOH SP C840DN PS
- For ATC choose RICOH SP C840DN PS
- For DTC choose RICOH MP C6004PS
Note: You can type the printer model in the search box to quickly locate the driver.
- Click OK to select the print driver.
- On the Add Printer window, click Add to complete the setup.
- The first time you send a job to the newly added printer, you will be prompted for a username and password. Enter only the prefix for your myBCIT email address (the part before @my.bcit.ca) and your usual BCIT password.
- Example: If your myBCIT email address were “firstname.lastname@example.org”, you would enter “asmith948” as the username.
- Check the box labelled Remember this password in my keychain in order to prevent this message from appearing every time.
Documents sent to these printers can be printed from any Pay Print Station at the specified campus. To retrieve your jobs, enter your myBCIT email address at the Print Station login.