These instructions explain how to add a network printer to a BCIT computer running Windows 10.
Add a network printer
- Click the Windows Start button at the bottom left of your screen and type “\\gutenberg.ad.bcit.ca”. Press enter.
- A file explorer window will open displaying a list of printers.
- Scroll through the list to find the printer you need to add and double-click the printer.
- Note that printers are named by building, room number and printer model as per the table below.
- You can type part of your printer’s name in the “Search” box to quickly find your printer
- The printer you installed will now appear in the list of available printers.
- Applications running when a new printer is added may need to be restarted before the new printer is recognized.
- Additional printers may be added by repeating the above instructions.