The Loop is an internal collaboration platform where you can find, share and connect with your colleagues. All currently employed staff (regular, temporary, auxiliary) and faculty (full-time and flexible learning) have access to the Loop. Use it to find content, people, and places; connect with your colleagues and information that matters to you; share your ideas, documents, and expertise; and create, manage and collaborate on content.
All help documents for the Loop can be found in the Using the Loop space in the Loop. We recommend searching the Loop whenever you have a question about how best to achieve a task. Below is a list of all current help documents, with links to each document in the Loop.
Searching, following, and getting notified
- Find people and help them find you in the Loop
- Keep track of BCIT news and events in the Loop
- Find and follow people in the Loop
- “Why didn’t my Loop post get emailed to my colleague?”
- Follow content in the Loop
- It’s okay to not follow everyone
- How do I obtain more control over what I see?
- Create a custom stream (to get instant access to the information that matters to you)
- Building Community: Using Custom Streams
- Set email preferences in the Loop
- Use Jive for Outlook to integrate your email and the Loop
- Push content back to the top of the feed/page/announcements/etc.
- How do I turn on email notifications?
Creating and engaging with Loop content
- Create a discussion in the Loop
- Create a document or upload a file in the Loop
- Using Jive for Office to manage documents in the Loop
- Create a blog post in the Loop
- Create a poll in the Loop
- Create a task in the Loop
- Create a status update in the Loop
- Marking Loop Content with Structured Outcomes (Final, Outdated, etc.)
- Create a reusable content template in the Loop
- How to use direct messages and private discussions in the Loop
- Create an idea in the Loop
- Create a bookmark in the Loop
- Link to content, people, or places in the Loop
- Insert a table into your Loop content
- Default editor in the Loop
- Submit content for the BCIT weekly newsletter
- How can I delete a post in the Buy and Sell?
- Need to find an answer quickly? Ask the Loop!
- Manage your meetings more effectively in the Loop
- Promote your department, services, and events
- Centralize your work in the Loop
- Communicate like a pro
- Follow a piece of content
- Building Community – Using Custom Streams
- Engage with existing content: comment, share, bookmark, like, and rate
Creating and managing groups and projects
- Create a group in the Loop
- What’s the difference between Open, Members Only, Private, and Secret Groups?
- Join a group
- Invite people to join a group
- What are the differences between disabling and deleting a member from a Loop group?
- How do I delete an employee from a group if they are inactive (have left BCIT)?
- The quickest way to access your Loop groups and projects
- Add categories to your Loop group or Project
- Categories vs. tags
- Change your group’s privacy settings
- Change a group or project’s name in the Loop
- Create a project in the Loop
- Use bulk content management tools
- Choosing, configuring, deleting, and moving tiles on a group or projects Activity+ page
- Choosing, configuring, deleting, and moving widgets on a group or projects Overview page
- Adding HTML content to an Overview page
Loop training is offered regularly year-round. Check out these Loop posts for upcoming sessions: