Read&Write Gold is an award-winning literacy software tool that can help you improve reading, writing, research and study skills. The easy to use toolbar “floats” on top of any open application and works discreetly with all mainstream Windows and OS X applications.
Note: Confirm that your computer meets the minimum system requirements before proceeding.
1. Login to the The Learning Hub portal with your BCIT ID and password.
2. Under ‘Read & Write’ section on the left side of the screen, select Download for PC/ Windows.
- Make sure you that your computer stays on and connected to the Internet until the installation is complete. The main installation file is approximately 650MB so this may take a while, depending on your connection.
- If you have a previous version of Read&Write installed on your computer, you will be prompted to import your current settings into version 11. Choosing to import previous settings will not impact the installation in any way.
3. Once the download is complete, launch the Setup.exe application. The Installation Wizard will now open.
- Important: An internet connection is still required.
4. When installation completes, you will see a Read&Write 11 icon on your desktop. Double-click on the icon to start the program.
5. Click the Activate button in the Read&Write activation window.
6. When prompted to enter an activation code, do NOT enter anything. Instead, click Activate again to complete the process.
- Note: If you click Skip Activation, your copy of Read&Write will expire after 25 uses.
7. You will see a message the Activation was successful. Click the OK button and Read&Write will start up.
- Selecting the right Read&Write tools for you
- Read&Write for English language learners [PDF]
- Feature videos for Read&Write for Chrome
- System requirements for Windows installation of Read&Write
- Feature videos for Read&Write for Windows