You’re using Firefox. You login to myBCIT and get a “Browser Error” that says, “Firefox prevented this site from opening a pop-up window.”
If you are currently looking at the error message, you can quickly enable pop-up windows for myBCIT in two steps:
1. Click the Options button.
2. In the menu that appears, click on Allow pop-ups for my.bcit.ca.
If you are not currently looking at the error message, you can follow the steps below to enable pop-up windows for myBCIT:
1. In Firefox, click the three horizontal lines in the right corner of the browser and select options.
2. Select the Privacy & Security tab and scroll down to Permissions.
3. Ensure that the check box next to Block Pop-up Windows has a check mark in it.
4. Click Exceptions button next to the Block Pop-up Windows check box.
5. In the field labeled Address of website, type my.bcit.ca and click Save Changes.
You should now be able to go to myBCIT (http://my.bcit.ca) without any problem.