WebEx is part of the BCIT VoIP applications that provides web conferencing, video conferencing, and online meetings services. A WebEx session is ideal to hold online meetings, presentations, training, sales pitches, and demonstrations with internal and external meeting participants. BCIT WebEx servers are on site (not to be confused with Cisco’s hosted WebEx service).
At BCIT, you can easily join a WebEx session right from your Outlook Calendar, the Jabber client on your computer, your mobile devices, or any web browser.
WebEx installation and access
You will need to configure the following components to enable full functionality and integration of WebEx on your device.
- Go to the Apple Store on your device and search for the “Cisco Webex Meetings” app.
- Tap Get and enter your Apple ID and password if prompted.
- When the app finished downloading, tap the Open button.
Logging in the first time
- Tap Accept to proceed past the EULA.
- Tap the Sign In button.
- On the next screen, enter your Default Email Address. When prompted for a Site URL, enter webexuser.voip.bcit.ca and click Next.
- Note: If you are unsure of what your Default Email Address is, click File in Outlook and review your Account Information.
- Now enter your Default Email Address and your BCIT ID password on the next screen. Tap Next.
- Swipe through any Introduction screens until you can tap the Get Started Now button.
If you have installed Jabber on you device and wish to integrate to Webex follow the following procedure. This integration isn’t required but it allows you to instantly start a Webex sessions with any of your contacts or Join a scheduled event.
- Open Jabber if it isn’t running.
- Select Settings –> Webex Meeting and tap the site name which should appear as “webexuser.voip.bcit.ca”.
- Now, enter your default Email Address and your BCIT password again. Tap Save.
- Note: Do not use your A0… number to login. Login will fail if you try and use it.
4. You are ready to join Webex meetings right from Jabber!
For additional information on installing these WebEx components or on how to use WebEx at BCIT, please contact the Technology Service Desk (604-412-7444 – option 1).