WebEx is part of the BCIT VOIP applications that provides web conferencing, video conferencing, and online meetings services. A WebEx session is ideal to hold online meetings, presentations, training, sales pitches, and demonstrations with internal and external meeting participants. BCIT WebEx servers are on site (not to be confused with Cisco’s hosted WebEx service).
At BCIT, you can easily join a WebEx session right from your Outlook Calendar, the Jabber client on your computer, your mobile devices, or any web browser.
WebEx installation and access
You will need to configure the following components to enable full functionality and integration of WebEx on your device.
- Go to the Google Play Store on your device and search for “Cisco Webex Meetings“.
- Tap Install.
- Tap Accept at the Security popup.
- When the installation completes, tap Open.
- Swipe through any Introduction screens and tap Skip to begin.
- Tap Accept to the Consent request.
- The installation is complete and you are ready to login.
Logging in the first time
- Click the Sign In button.
- Enter your default Email Address.
- If you are unsure of what your Default Email Address is, click File in Outlook and review your Account Information.
- Next, enter the Webex site URL “webexuser.voip.bcit.ca”.
- On the next screen, enter your BCIT ID password and tap Sign In.
If you have installed Jabber on you device and wish to integrate to Webex. Follow the following procedure. This integration isn’t required but it allows you to instantly start a Webex sessions with any of your contacts or Join a scheduled event.
- Launch Jabber if it isn’t running.
- Under the Menu (“…”), select Settings – Webex Meeting and tap the site name which should appear as “webexuser.voip.bcit.ca”.
- Now, enter your default email address and your BCIT password. Tap Apply.
For additional information on installing these WebEx components or on how to use WebEx at BCIT, please contact the Technology Service Desk (604-412-7444 – option 1).